Re: apps won't display

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: apps won't display
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 17:38:02 MST

>I've compiled swarm and tried running the apps (heatbugs, mousetrap, etc.)
>and they don't seem to send anything to the X-display.  They just
>munch CPU but produce no output.

ouch. Which version of Swarm is this? No windows turn up? What's
supposed to happen is that a couple of windows pop up - a form for
simulation parameters, a "go" button, and then the thing waits for you
to click go. Shouldn't chew CPU there either.

I'd try running the application under gdb, wait for about 15 seconds,
then hit C-c and do "where" to see where it's stuck.