Re: Error on Linux Platform

From: Joannes Mongardini
Subject: Re: Error on Linux Platform
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 13:15:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Nelson asked me to be more specific with our problem with Linux. Let me
give some background:

We are running the standard slackware version of Linux and 1.2.9 Kernel on a
Pentium 90 and probably should upgrade the kernel soon. We do not have any
problem with the BLT as mentioned before. The BLT tests seem to work
fine. In fact, whatever application we run, we get the initial screens
for parameter settings and the control box "GO/STOP/QUIT"

The problem comes up when we press the GO button. All the graphics
interface disappears and the shell gives the following error:

'Segmentation fault'

I will upgrade the kernel, as Kerry suggested and see what happens.

Joannes

Joannes Mongardini                      address@hidden
Assistant to the Director               Tel. (310) 825-1777
Center for Computable Economics         Fax. (310) 825-9528
UCLA                                    http://cce.sscnet.ucla.edu
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477