Re: Error on Linux Platform

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Error on Linux Platform
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 14:20:45 MST

>We are running the standard slackware version of Linux and 1.2.9 Kernel on a
>Pentium 90 and probably should upgrade the kernel soon.

I believe this system will run Swarm fine.

>We do not have any problem with the BLT as mentioned before. The BLT
>tests seem to work fine.

The bug mentioned in BLT doesn't show up in the BLT tests, only in the
way swarm uses the blt_graph widget (one point at a time). But if this
is the error causing the trouble, you should see a message about a
failed assertion.

>The problem comes up when we press the GO button. All the graphics
>interface disappears and the shell gives the following error:
>'Segmentation fault'

For reports of this kind, it's very useful if you can send us a stack
trace of where the error occurred. Run the program under gdb, and when
it crashes type 'where' and send us the output.

Thanks,
  Nelson