Linux's Swarm needs...

From: bleydorf
Subject: Linux's Swarm needs...
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 17:53:26 -0400

For all Swarm users who are on a Linux platform,

In a couple months, our project team will have the option of upgrading
our machine, which we have Linux (and Swarm) installed on.
Currently, it is a Pent 200, with 32 meg ram, 4 meg video card, etc...

We have noticed when we run Heatbugs with "lots of agents" or if we run
my "Heatbugs enhanced" that it tends to slow down very noticiably.
Would the Swarm user community recomend upgrading to:
1) a faster chip?
2) more memory?
3) or is it just inefficent code?

Another way of asking this is...if any of you started on Linux (and
swarm) on a slower machine and later upgraded to a faster machine (or
more memory) did you notice a difference?

Thanks,
Brad.