Re: Linux's Swarm needs...

From: Jan Kreft
Subject: Re: Linux's Swarm needs...
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:50:28 +0100 (BST)

Hi Brad,

I upgraded from 32 to 64 MB RAM and would recommend doing the same. With
more memory, you avoid swapping which will occur if you have a lot of fat
agents or a lot of big programms running and you get a large disk cache
which makes compiling etc. a lot
faster because the processor doesn't have to wait for the hard drive
anymore. With 32 MB the CPU was half idle a lot of the time. Now the CPU
is 100% busy when I compile, run the sim etc. It would make
sense to upgrade the CPU now (P133) ;).

Hope that helps,

Jan.