Re: heatbugs problem

From: Mark H. Butler
Subject: Re: heatbugs problem
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:47:11 +0100

Hi,

I reckon we could halve the traffic for this list by INSISTING that people
install the binary version for swarm and then if it doesn't work (and only
then) go through installing blt, tcl, tk etc

> I running into a problem with the heatbugs example and I'm trying to
track
> the problem down.
>
> I've installed blt2.1, tcl7.4, tk4.0, swarm-1.0.2 and I'm running on a
> HPUX 10.20 machine.

then we could get rid of these nagging version matching questions (no
offence meant to the original author of this post BTW - sorry you didn't
put your name on the end)

I tried doing a source install a couple of weeks back and it took over a
week - mostly due to the speed of our ageing (1990) HP machines at
compiling and it was still giving errors. So I switched to the binary and
got it done in around 2 hours. No more irritating errors - did I feel
stupid! All I had to do was set the Makefile.conf, some environment
variables and remember to use gmake!

Still I'd rather be using Linux but then we don't have them at work!

Mark H. Butler
address@hidden
http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~mhb
Liverpool Biocomputation Group  http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~biocomp