problem Creating/Using Canvas objects 2.0.1-->2.1.1

From: Catherine Dibble
Subject: problem Creating/Using Canvas objects 2.0.1-->2.1.1
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 09:35:04 -0700

hi Marcus,

The 2.0.1 --> 2.1.1 port instructions mention changing the
getWithZone: object to getWithZone: key.   That fix works fine.

But I'm tripping over something really weird when I try to
run my GeoGraphs (which use subclasses of canvas graph
items) in 2.1.1 from 2.0.1.

I get errors for each of my canvas items that say:

GeoLinkItem.o: In function `i_GeoLinkItem___I_Creating':
//f/lab/geograph/GeoLinkItem.m:14: undefined reference to `Creating'
GeoLinkItem.o: In function `i_GeoLinkItem___I_Using':
//f/lab/geograph/GeoLinkItem.m:67: undefined reference to `Using'

Fwiw, GeoLinkItem is virtually identical to LinkItem, and
both my GeoLinkItems and the NEW 2.1.1 standard LinkItems
use exactly the same syntax wrt:

PHASE(Creating)
PHASE(Using)

in their *.m files.

Is there something else that has changed here between 2.0.1 and 2.1.1?
If so, why don't the 2.1.1 Canvas items give the same error message?
Has anyone used them with 2.1.1 yet?

many many thanks, I'm really stuck on this one.

Catherine
*==================================================*
 ... and I was not discouraged by the seeming magnitude of the
 undertaking, as I have always thought that one man of tolerable
 abilities may work great  changes, and accomplish great affairs
 among mankind if he first forms a good plan and, cutting off all
 amusements or other employments that would divert his attention,
 makes the execution of that plan his sole study and business.
                                 -- Benjamin Franklin  (9 May 1731)

 Catherine Dibble                                      www.econ.ucsb.edu/~cath
 Department of Geography    University of California, Santa Barbara