now 2.1.1 protection fault in SWARM.DLL (Win98)

From: Catherine Dibble
Subject: now 2.1.1 protection fault in SWARM.DLL (Win98)
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 11:50:54 -0700

hi Marcus,

>A Windows-specific linker weirdity.  Try putting:
>  externvar id Creating, Using;
>before @interface GeoLinkItem.  I'll fix that in the Swarm sources.

Yup, Win98.  This fix works like a charm, *thank you!*  :)

Unfortunately, now it's compiling and starting just fine, trying to
start the simulation (all windows up, canvas items fine, etc.), then
dying with a general protection fault in module SWARM.DLL.

It doesn't give me a stack dump, and gdb can't give me a traceback,
only:   #0   0x82a8ca86  in ??  ()

Any idea?

*thank you*!

Catherine
This problem, too, will look simple after it is solved.
                                            -- Charles Francis Kettering
 Catherine Dibble
 Department of Geography               www.econ.ucsb.edu/~cath