Re: Swarm 2.1.1 window problems w RedHat 6.2 and Gnome

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: Swarm 2.1.1 window problems w RedHat 6.2 and Gnome
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:09:26 -0500

Catherine Dibble wrote:

> Has anyone else tried installing 2.1.1 on RedHat 6.2 yet?
Yes. No problems here. You could try my rpms for newer swarm snapshots
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/i686

> I installed requisite software (but kept the RH tcl/tk -- mistake?
> it had 8.0 for each) and everything with the installation went
> smooth as silk.
that tcl/tk and blt should be fine.
> Then I compiled and ran my model and everything ran
> fine at first:  windows looked okay, bugs moved around
> properly on the GeoGraph, etc.
Gnome does not control most aspects of window appearance. That is done
by the window manager, and various users (me included) have had trouble
with various window managers.  Lately I'm using WindowMaker with no
trouble.  These all sound like window manager problems to me that you
describe.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn