Another one for the non-existent java Swarm FAQs

From: Tee Toth-Fejel
Subject: Another one for the non-existent java Swarm FAQs
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:16:52 -0400

I'm running the jheatbugs 2.1 demo on Windows NT4.0, and it gives the
following java error:

C:\jheatbugs-2.1>c:\jdk1.3\bin\java -classpath
.;c:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\rt.jar;c:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar;c:\Swarm-2.1.1\share\s
warm\swarm.jar StartHeatbugs
Exception caught: no javaswarm in java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initSwarm
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironment.initSwarm(Native Method)
        at StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:16)

What it really means is that I don't have my system PATH pointing to the
javaswarm.dll, which typically for Windows is at c:\Swarm-2.1.1\bin\

BTW, are there any other java swarm demos other than jheatbugs and SDG-0.0
(the tutorial example, which is quite good)?

Another good question for the FAQs would be:
Where is the java source to swarm.jar?
It would be nice to have all that stuff about Java Native Compilier (or
whatever it is) that magically turns the compiled objective C into compiled
Java classes for the swarm.jar.  Did I explain that right?

Tihamer "Tee" Toth-Fejel                    Member of Technical Staff
(734) 623-2544   address@hidden      http://www.anteaters.net/ttf/
Center for Electronic Commerce, Environmental Research Institute of Michigan