Re: Another one for the non-existent java Swarm FAQs

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Another one for the non-existent java Swarm FAQs
Date: 23 Jun 2000 15:36:00 -0700

PJ> There is code in the Swarm library that creates stubs through
PJ> which the java native interface is able to access the objective c
PJ> methods.

There is a program that collects data structures representating the
interfaces described in the src/MODULE/MODULE.h protocol files.  For
example, it instantiates types like "method", "variable", "function",
and those types have attributes like the required argument types,
names, documentation, etc.

These data structures can be converted to various forms.  One form is
is the SGML DocBook that largely comprises the Objective C reference
manual.

Another form are the Java class declarations (which include the
Javadoc markup) that relate, for the Java virtual machine, Java
methods to the native-code Swarm library via the "native" Java method
attribute.  These class declarations make up the swarm.jar file.
(There are a few more classes found in java/swarm in the Swarm source
tree.)

.. Now my project is to extend this program to make class-by-class
interface declaration language files (IDL) and C++ which will allow
Swarm to be a plug-in module to Netscape 6.