RE: Instantiating multiple ModelSwarms

From: Fred Wan
Subject: RE: Instantiating multiple ModelSwarms
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 21:06:03 +0200

> There is only one GUISwarm in the Objective C simpleExperBug example.

Yep, that's right, but ordinary Swarms can be nested, so why not GUISwarms?

> Given sufficient enthusiasm, one could implement (say) some Java classes
> that would provide multiple control panels.

No lack of enthusiasm here, but time is the problem. My priority (and
presumably that of most researchers) is working on the experiments rather
than on the laboratory...

I can't find the information on what happens to the command-line parameters
anymore, especially not of the ones used for swarm initialization itself. -b
sets the swarmGUIMode parameter to 1, but are there any internal changes to
swarm itself? In other words: is it up to the programmer him/herself to
determine what happens when swarmGUIMode is 1? In replicator.pl there is a
comment that the swarm program should be 'a swarm batch program'. As far as
I know that doesn't imply any restrictions (e.g., not having a GUISwarm), or
do I miss something here?

Thanks,
Fred.