Re: java swarm build problem.

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: java swarm build problem.
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:54:45 -0500

Tony Kalus wrote:

> Hi.
>
>   I'm having trouble getting java swarm to build properly. I'm using
> SuSE Linux 7.1, with gcc-2.95.2, swarm-2.1.1, and jdk-1.3.0_02,
> and all the other relevant libraries. After upgrading to this version of
> jdk, I went to re-build swarm. (I'm building it in a separate tree from
> the swarm source tree).
>
> The configure output looks OK.
>
> However, in several places the make output reports that it can't find
> the Java Runtime Environment 2  - so do I need the JRE as well as
> the JDK?? If so does it need to go anywhere special for the make
> to find it?
Does your configure statement have --with-jdkdir=/whatever correct?

On Redhat, there was trouble with jdk-1.3 and  it crashes with
linux-2.4. So I had to start using jdk-1.3.1.

Thanks for reading the SwarmFaq,but for building swarm, I'd say the most
bestest section is:
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#2.2