Re: java swarm build problem.

From: Tony Kalus
Subject: Re: java swarm build problem.
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:00:18 +0100

Paul,

Many thanks for your message:

> >   I'm having trouble getting java swarm to build properly.

> On Redhat, there was trouble with jdk-1.3 and  it crashes with
> linux-2.4. So I had to start using jdk-1.3.1.

Although I'm using SuSE 7.1 there does seem to be the same sort
of problem with jdk1.3.0. Instead of waiting for the large (26Mb)
jdk1.3.1 download, I went back to trying jdk1.2.2 and this appears
to have done the trick. All  the core swarm java files are now
compiled and the two java demos now compile and run OK.

Confirming previous messages, it only needed the
configure/make/make install to do this - nothing fancy for SuSE 7.1

  Many Thanks,

       Tony