Re: AppArchiver API?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: AppArchiver API?
Date: 26 Feb 2002 14:00:22 -0700

CM> Longer term, I want to be able to run communicating Swarms on
CM> different machines, using some standard data-exchange interface
CM> (e.g., XML-RDF, etc.).

HDF5 can be configured to work with MPI-IO and Globus
(http://www.globus.org) drivers.  I have not tried to do this, but it
ought to have high performance.  Here is some info on extracting
XML from HDF5: http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HDF5/XML

CM> It would be extremely helpful if there were a 'SwarmConfig'
CM> interface onto which I could glue different comm data models and
CM> parsers as needed.  IMHO, that also seems like a better, more
CM> modular design, but I realize tastes on this may vary.

Also it would be nice if someone would implement DOM serialization routines
for Swarm.  That would be very spiffy for use with Mozilla..