Re: [Swarm-Support] packages seem up to snuff

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] packages seem up to snuff
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:54:33 +1100

> That machine has:
> gcc 3.3
> autoconf 2.57
> automake 1.7.2
> tcl
> tk
> zlib
> libpng
> blt

There are definite issues with autoconf 2.57.  Swarm uses some deprecated
autoconf constructs which cause builds from cvs code to fail with autoconf
2.57.  This is also an issue on MacOS X 10.3.

If someone would like to fix it I would be very happy.  Otherwise, it is
on my 'to do' list and will happen when I get some time.
Meanwhile the work around would be to install autoconf 2.52.

I have not got far enough to know if there are issues with automake 1.7.2.
 I know swarm will build with 1.6.1 or 1.6.3.

Bill Northcott