Re: [Swarm-Support] SWARM on OS X

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] SWARM on OS X
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:38:07 -0600

I would second the motion for this request. I have a student who uses a Mac and I can't help at all. I think Bill's page shows pretty clearly which packages are needed to install, but what is needed is the "what's next" part of showing how to download some source code, open a terminal, untar it, and so forth.

Something simple like this that I made for Linux would be great:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/ps905/ConwayTutorial.txt

pj

Tom Gilbert wrote:
Hi
I am a complete newcomer to SWARM (and UNIX !), and would like to know if anyone can recommend to me either a tutorial that is available, or simply a help guide, that will help new users in my situation to simply set up SWARM on our OS X sytems (bearing in mind that we get confused by general UNIX speak...)
Thanks for your help
Tom Gilbert