Re: [Swftools-common] Spaces disappear for some pdfs

From: Jonas Petersson
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Spaces disappear for some pdfs
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:46:45 +0100

Hi Fred,

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 03:06, Fred <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry, just not too sure if I understand the issue correctly. I converted
> the attached PDF, and the SWF seems to show the space well.

Your swf does indeed seem to contain correct spaces. Could you please
describe the exact procedure you used as well as the used platform and
version(s). I've tried with RHEL5, CentOS5 and Ubuntu 8.10 standard
stuff as well as latest swftools-2008-12-17-2157. I used ps2pdf to
distill the postscript gs 8.15.2 on RH/CentOS and 8.63 on Ubuntu.

I run pdf2swf with flags  -q -s transparent=1 and ps2pdf with
-dEPSCrop. Oh yes, a minor detail: I also append a "showpage" to the
ps file so that it turns into at least 2 pages - otherwise I don't get
the right kind of swf that I can take control over from flex (stepping
etc - I'd also want flex to see the scenes, it seems to ignore that
whatever I do, but that's a different story).

As far as I can tell, none of the options nor versions or platform
have any effect on the result in my cases.

Maybe it also depends on things like installed fonts?

                           Best / Jonas