Re: [Swftools-common] Spaces disappear for some pdfs

From: Jonas Petersson
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Spaces disappear for some pdfs
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:29:17 +0100

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:37, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 06:10:25PM +0800, Fred <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am not sure..I just launched the .ps in Adobe 9 distiller and I just
>> convert the attached PDF.
>
> Ah, ok, that explains it.
> Different postscript to PDF converter -> different PDF.
>
> So the issue is still open.

I've dug a bit deeper:

It seems that the useDrawChar()  case is used wMode is off.

A few lines down I see a line that tries to specal handle space as '
', but in this case it appers as 0, so I have adjusted it to this:

However, the call to   state->getWordSpace() still returns 0 as width,
so it doesn't help. :-(

Is there a better way to find the width of a space character?

                               / Jonas