Re: [Synaptic-devel] gtk failure for synaptic.

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] gtk failure for synaptic.
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:25:53 +0200

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 07:40:10PM -0500, Roy F. Cabaniss wrote:
> > A few days ago I had a problem with the db package. Turns out that there
> > are two versions of glibc and db: i586 and i686. My glibc was the i586
> > version and the db was the i686 version, a wrong combination. Removing the
> > i686 db package and installing the i586 one solved my problem.
> >
> > Another shot: open a root konsole via <Alt>-<F2> with:
> >

> nope same problem (I get a seg fault also when I try this)

Can you provide a gdb backtrace for the segfault? I would be
interessted where exactly it crashes (start "gdb synaptic" and type
"r<enter>" and after the crash "br<enter>").

I don't have a 64bit machine, but I will ask around to get access to
one :)

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ