tasklist-idea

[tasklist-idea] Re: GNU task list management

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [tasklist-idea] Re: GNU task list management
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:09:52 +0100

 >     The traditional task list at www.gnu.org was a texinfo file where to
 >     put GNU tasks. The entry point for the task list was
 >     address@hidden, pointing to a RT queue.
 >
 > I'm not sure what "entry point" means in a context like this.

I mean the main address to send task related requests.

 >     There is a link to prep/tasks on www.gnu.org/help
 >
 > What is in prep/tasks now?  Is the obsolete file still there?  Does it
 > still contain a list of tasks, or does it have a pointer to the list
 > on Savannah?  Should we delete this file to avoid confusion?  Should
 > we delete the link?

Now the file is updated. It now contain a link to the savannah
project, and an explanation about the migration.

 >     Now we are using the job posting and news savannah facilities for
 >     publishing the requested tasks.
 >
 > Yes, this is the new method.
 >
 > Is there any reason we need to change it?

Mainly, now it is somewhat difficult to keep track of posted
tasks. We need some mechanism to store metainformation about each task
request (as toby explained).

 > That sounds like a lot of work to carry out.  I think it is a mistake.
 > We never have an excess of human resources.  We need to keep this
 > simple.
 >
 > I think that one or two people looking at suggestions and deciding
 > whether to add them to the list is an adequate method.  Let's avoid
 > doing anything more labor-intensive than that.  Okay?

Ok. Anyway, even using savannah, we need some structuration (even a
simple one).