tasklist-idea

[tasklist-idea] Re: GNU task list management

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [tasklist-idea] Re: GNU task list management
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:15:22 -0500

Hi Jose,

I wasn't aware of address@hidden  In practice, is that handled
by different people than address@hidden

I wonder about using the bug facility in savannah, instead of defining
new/more processes for handling the task list.  It seemed quite flexible
when I set it up for Texinfo, anyway, although I have not actually used
it extensively.

Your proposal of basing everything on one easily-editable file per task
also sounds reasonable.  It's worked well enough for us evaluators,
anyway.  We actually have everything @verbatiminclude-d in a Texinfo
file in the first place, but your thought of generating Texinfo from
the source files sounds better.  (It's not worth the trouble of changing
the eval setup now, but if we were doing it again from scratch ...)

karl

P.S. miscfiles also has a maintainer now, and ocrad was dubbed GNU some
time ago; you might want to updated those tasklist news items.