[Texmacs-dev] New QT toolbars for the Mac

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] New QT toolbars for the Mac
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:22:52 +0100

Hi Massimiliano,

  I just saw the recent changes in SVN to the QT toolbars on MacOS. I find the "unifiedToolBar" nicer of course, but I'd rather still have the other toolbars as such. Instead of creating a widget with vertical layout and inserting the toolbars then the central widget, one could simply place the auxiliary toolbars on the sides and bottom of the canvas. This means, in qt_tm_widget.cpp, change

bl->insertWidget(0, modeToolBar);

(and related lines) to read

  mw->addToolBar(Qt::LeftToolBarArea, modeToolBar);

This leaves a main MacOS toolbar and the others to configure to taste. I personally like the focus bar on the bottom, the mode toolbar on the left, the user toolbar on the right.

What do you think?
Miguel de  Benito.