Re: [Texmacs-dev] ansi/xterm console texmacs

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] ansi/xterm console texmacs
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:52:51 +0200

Hi,

  I just read this post, sorry for the late reply.

Some time go I thought of writing a faceless tm2pdf and I think the hint Massimiliano gave me was to better forget about it as a short-term project. The renderer and typesetter and editor and what-not are seemingly too tightly coupled, and worse, this coupling goes deep into the Scheme part of the source. So, as you also seem to think, entirely stripping out the front end doesn't look easily doable. However, I don't know how much the task would be simplified by implementing a text-mode frontend, or if that's possible, for that matter.

If I were to embark in one of these tasks I'd go for the tm2pdf command line tool. If you were to, I'd rather help with that too.

Best,
Miguel de  Benito.