Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bookmarks

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bookmarks
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:45:28 +0100

On 26/07/11 17:59, Victor Porton wrote:
I am faced with the following problem:

I have a math article which I am currently preparing for publication.

I need to note the point in the document until which I already finished editing
(that is I edited the document until the point but yet not after the point).

This point should not be visible for readers of the PDF file.

We need some persistent bookmarks in TeXmacs as a solution of my problem.

Let's discuss how it's better to implement this.

The first question: Should we store the bookmark in the .tm file or in some
other place (such as TeXmacs preferences)?

I would suggest that we extend the label tag, so that some labels will appear as PDF bookmarks. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "should not be visible for readers of the PDF file". I think you mean it should not be visible in the page but can be visible in the PDF bookmark list.

I could look at the PDFmark docs and find out how to render a bookmark (I already render link targets and link actions).

Does this sound OK?

Sam

--
[FSF Associate Member #2325] <http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=2325>