Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bookmarks

From: Victor Porton
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bookmarks
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:43:58 +0400

27.07.2011, 14:29, "Sam Liddicott" <address@hidden>:
> On 27/07/11 10:49, Victor Porton wrote:
>
>>  26.07.2011, 20:59, "Victor Porton"<address@hidden>;:
>>>  I am faced with the following problem:
>>>
>>>  I have a math article which I am currently preparing for publication.
>>>
>>>  I need to note the point in the document until which I already finished
>>> editing (that is I edited the document until the point but yet not after
>>> the point).
>>>
>>>  This point should not be visible for readers of the PDF file.
>>>
>>>  We need some persistent bookmarks in TeXmacs as a solution of my problem.
>>>
>>>  Let's discuss how it's better to implement this.
>>>
>>>  The first question: Should we store the bookmark in the .tm file or in
>>> some other place (such as TeXmacs preferences)?
>>  Oh, now I have understood that bookmarks certainly should be stored in .tm
>> files as there are no mean to specify a place in a .tm file from the outside.
>>
>>  The remaining questions:
>>
>>  - Should we use<label>  tag or to introduce new<bookmark>  tag?
>>  - What should be the user interface to create and move bookmarks?
>
> I would use a label tag.
> At the bottom of your document I would have an appendix or something
> which said what you were still working on. It would have a reference to
> your label.

This solution is not perfect because I don't want to tell the readers of the
PDF file about the point where I edit it.

We need a new quick way to find a bookmark.

The following is a possible solution:

Define <bookmark> tag (which maybe should just call <label> tag) and make a
menu which would list all bookmarks.

> You can click on your reference to go straight to that label. You can
> move the label with SHIFT-LEFT-ARROW CUT and then PASTE in the new place.

I know. But it isn't the most convenient way.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org