Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bookmarks

From: Victor Porton
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bookmarks
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:49:52 +0400

26.07.2011, 20:59, "Victor Porton" <address@hidden>:
> I am faced with the following problem:
>
> I have a math article which I am currently preparing for publication.
>
> I need to note the point in the document until which I already finished
> editing (that is I edited the document until the point but yet not after the
> point).
>
> This point should not be visible for readers of the PDF file.
>
> We need some persistent bookmarks in TeXmacs as a solution of my problem.
>
> Let's discuss how it's better to implement this.
>
> The first question: Should we store the bookmark in the .tm file or in some
> other place (such as TeXmacs preferences)?

Oh, now I have understood that bookmarks certainly should be stored in .tm
files as there are no mean to specify a place in a .tm file from the outside.

The remaining questions:

- Should we use <label> tag or to introduce new <bookmark> tag?
- What should be the user interface to create and move bookmarks?

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org