Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] TeXmacs meeting in Portugal

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] TeXmacs meeting in Portugal
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:55:41 +0100

Dear Joris,

again thank you for that great week. And for the group picture too. I don't really have any suggestions to make concerning the plan other than maybe offering a mail address to the developers for things related to texmacs.

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
>    * We constitute a core of TeXmacs developers and other people who wish
>      to contributor in some way (to the documentation, promotion,
>      organization, etc.). Each of the members of this TeXmacs team
>      will have a small webpage on texmacs.org which explains
>      their intended activities in the project.
That's cool.

>    * We constitute a list of priorary tasks. Each of these tasks should
>      be well described and include all the organization around the task
>      (maintaining the list of participants, related webpages, possible
>      places where to discuss things, etc.). We will search one leader
>      for each task, who takes the responsability to carry out the task
>      as well as possible.

This looks ok. Or maybe we could change "leader" into "coordinator". It's less... authoritarian... x-DD

> I have made the basic skeleton with a few examples available at
>
>      http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/contribute/contribute.en.html

The tasks there more or less summarize most of the new things we talked about. However I don't see some tasks:

  - QT port
- UI improvement (designing dialogs, creating wizards, generally improving the user experience)
  - Google's Native Client port
  - More specific tasks like the error handling we talked about in Faro.
- Also the automated documentation task does not mention the documentation of the scheme code (if we finally automate something of that)

> http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/contribute/team.en.html

I'm in! (the SVN, that is). I've added some basic info about myself, including a fake email address you might want to un-fake, or not. I didn't commit the modified contribute.en.html yet. If someone wants me to add their links and create the files so they only have to fill in the blanks I'll do that.

Massimiliano? Others?

There's also the problem of updating web content while someone shows up who will manage it. What's the policy about changes? For instance: I'd like to create a couple of pages for specific tasks, for instance the autodocs. Is it ok with you? By the way, I volunteer for that one. I also would like to contribute to some others. If I create the pages we can start listing people there.

Cheers,
--
Miguel de Benito.