Re: [Texmacs-dev] Russian language support

From: François Poulain
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Russian language support
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:42:30 +0200

Hello,

Le Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:52:48 +0700 (NOVT),
"Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Keyboard] Pressed #430 at 55931
>          ] #430 -> #430 -> #430
> Keyboard] unrecognized key #430 is probably missing in the encoding
> files.
>
> I think this has been fixed during the Faro workshop; but in
> 1.0.7.16, I still cannot input Russian in the normal way. This is
> very inconvenient.

Ok ; I note to check this.

> After fixing this, it would be good to remove Edit -> Preferences ->
> Keyboard -> Russian input method completely, because it is no longer
> needed. However, to prepare my talk I had to use jcuken input method
> (which should not be used now).

Ok.

> Another thing. When I export a Russian document to LaTeX, in 1.0.7.16
> I get something like
>
> {\cyra}...

Did you select the UTF8 option in
Edit -> Preference -> Conveters -> TeXmacs->LaTeX -> Encoding ?

The Ascii export is needed to avoid the use of UTF8 in a english
writen document which has only a few of non-ascii Glyph (often due to
non-english proper nouns).

> Why is it displayed as a*2*b here, but in maxima it looks OK?

I don't know. But it seems to be a bug of the latex converter. I note to
check this.

François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>

Nous troublons la vie par le soucis de la mort, et la mort par le soucis
de la vie. L'une nous ennuie, l'autre nous effraie.
-+- Montaigne, Les Essais -+-