therion-users

Re: [Therion] compiling therion under Ubuntu AMD64

From: Wolfgang Zillig
Subject: Re: [Therion] compiling therion under Ubuntu AMD64
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:10:10 +0200

Hi,

> Hmmm, it should work - at least on my systems it works, but I do not
> have 64bit machine. I will experiment with OpenGL today and I will try
> to upload new snapshot also for win32.

there is no hurry, but I tried compiling from the main release 0.5.0 of
therion and not the dev snapshot.

> Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
>
>> ** (loch:9451): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_focus: assertion
>> `height >= -1' failed
>>

> No idea where does it come from - it looks like it is a problem of
> reading 32bit files on 64bit system. Do you use latest snapshot on
> Windows also?

I just remembered that clearlooks it the desktop theme that I use. So it
might not be important.

>> One further question: should the linux loch be able to read lox files
>> that were created on windows (at least it is not working here)?
>>

> Yes, as I wrote before, on my system it works.
>

>> For the
>> tests here I compiled the files newly, but I get a smaller file size for
>> the lox file.
>> windows 10.5 MB
>> linux: 4.6 MB
>>

> It looks, you have an old version of therion on Windows. In the latest
> snapshot - there is 64/32bit bug fix from Philip Schuchardt - which
> should generate only small files.

I cant tell you which version is used on win as my laptop is again in
repair. Next weekend I will bring a win install cd from home (I don't
have my one here), and then I have also a running windows again.

Greetings
Wolfgang