tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:22:05 +0100

Hi Ervin and all others,

Am Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:49:03 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:

> snip....
>
> > What really is needed is more scoring options, but Tom is already up
> > to his (you know what) with other important items, especially family
> > time. A more flexible logcfg.dat would be ideal. If I knew how to do
> > it I would try my hand at hacking the code. But, alas, the only code
> > I know is CW.

I think there will be a complete rewrite of the logcfg.dat file in next
major version. It will go together with a complete rework of the log
file format and a complete new rule set for scoring multis and points.
I will try to write about that in the next days while there is some
time between the seasons.

> I think it would be very good to start a Tlf-howto page, with
> many examples, and important things what user must to know. I
> don't know it just enough to attach to source, or search a free
> provider, where we can place a wiki - I don't know really the
> Github wiki page logic, may be that would be also a good choice.

For now we still have the wiki at wikispaces.com but I think we should
try to get the relevant stuff over to the github wiki. Anyone with a
github account (and that one is easy to get) can change pages or add new
ones. An additional point would be that we get all relevant information
together on one place.

I will also finish the mentioned new web site at Tlf.github.com That
one can also be cloned like any other github repo and so you all can
add to it.

73 es Merry Christmas to you all,

        Tom DL1JBE.

--