tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF & RTTY

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF & RTTY
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 09:18:38 -0500

On 01/04/2014 08:22 AM, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
Hi Ed,

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 07:24:45AM -0500, Ed wrote:
I was merely trying to point out when and where Rein made the
change. The RX linefeed is correct. Its the TX that is the problem.
When a macro is sent it is adding 6 to 8 linefeeds. Hopefully
someone here on the list will test this to see what I mean.

do you mean if your macro in Fldig contains 6 or more LF, and when
that macro had been sent, in Tlf miniterm runs out, and you don't
see the content of macro?

No, that is not what I mean. Besides,the macros are sent from tlf, not fldigi. fldigi is no more than a client, sending whatever tlf tells it to.

It it's true, what should be the expected result? If the TX macro
contains 6 or more LF, Tlf should shows only 1?

No it does not show just 1, but all the excess linefeeds (6 to 8)on TX, it shows only RX linefeeds from fldigi and that varies with the decoding in fldigi.

Please reread the part of the changelog I am referring to::

tlf-0.9.30
==========
Bug fixes:

RTTY miniterm changed to display line feeds (reading formatted texst is easier)
RTTY now sends linefeeds before and after the macro.

Especially the last line, this has carried over to the current tlf version.

If someone would just test this you will see what I've been saying, tlf is sending excess linefeeds (6 to 8) with every macro.

But until someone does this will never be fixed.

Btw: there isn't TX and RX side in TLF. It just read a file, it
doesn't know what's the RC and what's the TX...

73,

Ervin
HA2OS

Ed W3NR