tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki

From: Mike Waters
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 22:00:56 -0600

I think I know what they might be saying. The person who has control of a page or pages) can use Google AdSense to make a little money.

I have several pages like that, on two web sites, on the dedicated LAMP server that we lease. You can see one of them at http://www.w0btu.com/classic_icom.html.
That ad is vertical on the right side, and the ads change all the time. They can be horizontal or vertical, big or small. When a visitor clicks on one, then we make a few pennies.

We make about $100 per year from both web sites, IIRC. But I know a guy locally where clicks on the ads on his site pays his monthly home mortgage payment! Here's the AdSense, if you want to sign up: http://www.google.com/adsense/start/. Those ads are probably on millions of web pages worldwide.

I hope this helps explain things a little.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com