Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 14:02:07 +0100

Dear James, Welcome to VM.  I think you will enjoy VM once you get it
going.  At the moment, your problem seems to be that you don't have a
working version of stunnel.

> What i don't understand is the stunnel i think?
>
> I get this when i've entered the password
> IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

Since you haven't mentioned which operating system, and which version of
stunnel you are using, we can't offer any specific advice.  Please give us
that information first.

There has been plenty of discussion of stunnel problems both on the VM
newsgroup archives (which you can find on Google Groups).

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/gnu.emacs.vm.info

Here is a thread on VM Launchpad site which might help getting some insight
into the problems.

  https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/108267

Cheers,
Uday