Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 22:05:15 +0100

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Uday Reddy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear James, Welcome to VM.  I think you will enjoy VM once you get it
> going.  At the moment, your problem seems to be that you don't have a
> working version of stunnel.
>
>> What i don't understand is the stunnel i think?
>>
>> I get this when i've entered the password
>> IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"
>
> Since you haven't mentioned which operating system, and which version of
> stunnel you are using, we can't offer any specific advice.  Please give us
> that information first.
>
> There has been plenty of discussion of stunnel problems both on the VM
> newsgroup archives (which you can find on Google Groups).
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/gnu.emacs.vm.info
>
> Here is a thread on VM Launchpad site which might help getting some insight
> into the problems.
>
>   https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/108267
>
> Cheers,
> Uday

Many thanks i really appreciate your reply. I should have put the OS
etc. I'm currently just about to upgrade and just wanted to have a
look at VM before i do a new release install on my new PC. I do wonder
if the emacs email clients are rather too complicated for me. i chose
VM as i thought it was easier to set up than Gnus, WL, MH-E.

OS xubuntu 10.04, emacs 23.1, VM 8.0.13-1, stunnel4 3:4.29-1

I'm looking through those links you gave me.

james