Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 01:08:41 +0100

James Freer writes:

> I think i'm right in saying that with emacs 24 VM is already setup. So
> far i've found emacs a nice app but considerable research is required.

Emacs 24 has secure sockets built in.  So, you don't need stunnel for it.

However, VM is not part of the Emacs distribution.  You will still need to
install it separately.  I also remembered that you were trying to use VM
8.0.13, which is quite old.  You can download the latest version of VM from
the Launchpad web site:

  http://launchpad.net/vm

Cheers,
Uday