web-hurd

Re: hosting floppy and iso images for the hurd

From: Philip Charles
Subject: Re: hosting floppy and iso images for the hurd
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:31:25 +0000 (GMT)

Jim,

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Jim Franklin wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>  I've been reviewing the guidelines for the website and as far as I can tell
> there should be no problem including your floppy and iso images at the
> hurd.gnu.org website. The only thing you have to check to be sure is that
> there are not any non-free apps included in the tarball. Other than that
> they can be posted as is. We should probably include a disclaimer that it is
> an unofficial and experimental developers release or something to that
> effect.

hurd-F2 CDs will have no non-free.  The base14.tgz is Marcus' tarball
and I would expect it to be free of non-free.  Marcus is the person to
confirm this.

Unofficial Developer's Snapshot?  I hope to be updating the images about
every 4-5 weeks.  The Hurd seems to moving fast enough to warrant this
frequency, but I am open to suggestions.

I now have a Dunedin site available to me which will enable uploads to be
made.  I am limited to a standard modem for uploads.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     address@hidden - preferred.           address@hidden