web-hurd

Re: Hurd FAQ

From: Frédéric HENRY
Subject: Re: Hurd FAQ
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:36:39 +0100

The Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:03:42 +0100 (MET),
Alfred M. Szmidt sent:

>    +The modules that you are interested in are: `hurd',
>    `gnumach',`mig', and
>     `hurd-l4' for the L4 port.
>
> Hmm... Maybe point to the following instead?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/download.html
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/gnumach-download.html
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/mig-download.html
>
> What do you think? I might note that those pages will be updated to
> point to Savannah's instructions.

Why not put the two ? I mean, a short list of the available modules in
the FAQ, and links to some additional description on gnu.org ?

> Is there any possible way to make "the GNU Coding Standard" a link?
> I.e. something like:
>
> <A HREF="http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards.html";>the GNU Coding
> Standard</A>

Hmmm, I don't think so, at least I didn't find any way to do that...

> Also, you could soften up the laguage by adding a "Please" infront?
> I.e. "Please take a look ...".

Fine,

>    +And specifically
>    +
>    +  http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_40.html#SEC40
>
> "The most important section being `6.8 Change Logs'"? And `6.8 Change
> Logs' being a link to that section.

Well, same problem as above.

Frédéric