web-hurd

Re: Hurd FAQ

From: Ognyan Kulev
Subject: Re: Hurd FAQ
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:14:27 +0200

Frédéric HENRY wrote:
Is there any possible way to make "the GNU Coding Standard" a link?
I.e. something like:

<A HREF="http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards.html";>the GNU Coding
Standard</A>

Hmmm, I don't think so, at least I didn't find any way to do that...

There isn't such way. This has historical reasons. One of the requirements of gen-faq.pl is that it generates both HTML and plain text versions, and plain text versions are the original text with some things replaced, mostly numbering. As an example, the above link would look like that in plain text:

the GNU Coding
Standard[1]

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards.html

It's not filtered like fmt(1) does, and this is kind of requirement to gen-faq.pl.

Regards,
ogi