wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] Integrating the xcode files to compile on osx into cvs?

From: Susanna Björverud
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Integrating the xcode files to compile on osx into cvs?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:10:31 +0200

Hej allesammans,

In cvs there is already specific files to compile wesnoth on windows, but the xcode files that greatly facilitate compiling on osx, at least if you want to build a 'well-behaved' mac-app, are not there.

I suggest that we should include these files into cvs, but I would like feedback on exactly which files to upload. F ex, in the latest version distributed by Sithrandel, the files to build his campaign editor was included, and it gets built into the game, and available as a menu item in windowed mode.

Furthermore, in personal communication, Sithrandel has suggested that it perhaps would be more convenient if the xcode file itself was moved into the folder called MacOSX, which is also needed. I think this is a good suggestion.

There is also the all-important question of maintenance. Unfortunately, I dare not take on this burden, since I am already giving more time than I really have to wesnoth-dev. I personally think it would be best if Sithrandel would agree to assume this, since it after all is his files we are talking about.

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

/Sanna