wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] Problems with campaign download dialog

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Problems with campaign download dialog
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:36:08 +0100

Hi everyone!
There are some real probs with the campaign download dialog. It is not
possible anymore to see the complete dialog in 1024x768, not to speak
about 800x600. There are several things that could/should be tweaked:
1) "Downloads" is too long for the little numbers we have there. I see
some possible solutions for this. Either we find a ahorter for like "Dl." or we
leave it out in the normal screen, because it does not really give the
user too many infos.
2) The strings under "Version" become by far too long. Either we
should make it a max size of have a line-wrap in it.
3) The line wrap in the "Name" tag could be there a bit earlier, too.
The prob in that field is the L3 Outlaw pack.

I think there are several other things that could be improved. It
would be nice to have an option to see, which version of the campaign
i got installed on my sys.
I could imagine, that it would make sense to only have four field in
there. First field would be the campaigns name, 2nd version on Server,
3rd version user has installed, and the 4th would be its size.
There could be a mouse over for all the other infos. It would show the
autors name, the number of downloads and a short description of the
campaign.

But i think the changes I suggested under my points one to three are
really needed. Would be good to have them in the next release (I know
that there is almost no time, but the dialog is not really usable on
the most used resolution out there). The other stuff could be done for
a later release, if it ever gets done.

CU
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic