wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Portrait Organization Proposal

From: Asa Swain
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Portrait Organization Proposal
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

I think Jetryl's idea is a very good one. Does this
mean that we would have to add a preference selections
allowing the user to choose which set of unit graphics
he wants to use? Because if you play SoTBE, and half
of the units have Neorice's humorous artwork and the
other half have Jason's more serious style, then it is
going to look odd.

My original idea was just to make all the campaign
hero's (or units with actual names) use Neorice's
portraits. But (and I haven't checked every scenario
to be sure) if there is any dialogue that is said by a
random unit, then you would have Jason's default
artwork pop in. And the different styles would look
odd.

I realize that reconfiguring the file storage system
may take some work, but with such good artwork
becoming available, I think it is definitely worth it.

-Asa