wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] Notes on the new "Dread Lich"

From: Richard Kettering
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Notes on the new "Dread Lich"
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:56:33 -0500

On ... some time soon thereafter, Ott wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 07:06:14PM -0700, Asa Swain wrote:
Campaigns: I agree that unless it gets completed
somehow, in it's current form "The Dark Hordes" is the
weakest campaign currently included. It's a shame
because it's one of the only campaigns I know of that
feature the Undead. But in it's unfinished form, I
don't think it's appropriate for 1.0. Assuming that
all campaigns in 1.0 should be completed.

Agreed.

One of the things which would potentially stand in the way of pulling TDH out of mainline is that a number of other campaigns depend on the "Ancient Lich" unit, which is also used as a fourth level for Gwiti. It's used, I believe, in both TEI and TRoW.

Besides the point, Gwiti has really cried out for a decent level four of his own, given the good graphics for his sublevels. It also seemed strange that he would suddenly become "Ancient" after passing through his campaign.

Thus, after talking with dave, I've made a proper level-4 for him.

The Ancient Lich is still there, but has been severed from Gwiti's upgrade tree - in it's place is the new "Dread Lich," which is fully animated.
Note that I did NOT reattach the ancient lich to any other tree.
Also note that the stats for the Dread Lich and Ancient Lich are identical.

Anyhow, this should leave Gwiti's unit in such a state that he can be, if needed, pulled out of mainline without breaking any other campaigns.

Cheers,
- Richard