wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Missing strings in the po-files

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Missing strings in the po-files
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:48:34 +0200

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 05:22:41PM +0200, Nils Kneuper wrote:
> Please tell me, if this change could break anything. If not I will do
> this change, to make sure, that the strings are in the po-files. Maybe
> next time new .cpp files should be directly added to the corresponding
> POTFILES.in? I wanted to make this change in some hour rught before
> the pot-update.

We should check first whether the strings in those files are also used
by the editor, and, possibly by any scenario editor (not sure whether
Sithrandel's one uses any source files from core wesnoth, but I guess
it should).

I had originally only listed those files with tagged strings in them.
Then as we add new translatable strings, we could add those files to
the correct domain (wesnoth or wesnoth-lib).

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as looking whether a source file
appears in both game client and editor build lists, since the editor
has to link a huge number of useless files, just because of dependency
issues, which are still to be solved.

So for now, I'd be in favor of only carefully adding to potfiles those
source files which are really missing.  Then when we have cleaned up
cicles from the dependency graph, we'll be able to cleanly define
modules in our source files, possibly moving files around so modules
live in different directories, and it will be no problem to decide in
which domain to add any file, just by looking at its path.

Best regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: