wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Final String Freeze for 1.0?

From: Hogne Håskjold
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Final String Freeze for 1.0?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:41:16 +0200

Richard Kettering wrote:
Engine, yes, Campaigns, yes.  (Both as far as I am concerned).

Unit descriptions, no.
Ott and I are working on some major revisions/cleanup, and we would also like to finish up some rewrites of the Terrain Help.

My own suggestion, FWIW, would be to do a partial string freeze, since there are many major string areas of the game that are in Final Candidate status. I do not know if this is possible with the translation facilitation software we currently use.

IMO the string freeze should be the last freeze before the hard code freeze. Freezing the strings before people have had a chance to get in what they are working hard on to finish before 1.0 would be very unfortunate (gfx, descriptions, help cleanup, UI changes, etc etc). Most of these would probably only be a few strings also, with the exeption of descriptions.

This is also in line with how I've seen it been done elsewhere like fx Gnome and KDE which should mean it's not totally crazy :)

btw, what happened to making the UI tweaks to the Campaign dialog for 1.0?
--
mvh                 (o_
Hogne Håskjold      //\