xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] release of 4.4.0

From: Michel Van den Bergh
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] release of 4.4.0
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 07:21:29 +0200

Arun Persaud wrote:
Hi

That's great news, thanks!
I think you forgot to run autogen.sh before packaging the tarball and
users will have to run it before compiling.

that's the way it was planned... I think the documentation (README and INSTALL)
should mention to run autogen.sh

ARUN

Hi ARUN,

It is rather uncommon to distribute a program where you have to run autogen.sh yourself. Any compelling reason for this? People usually do not have autotools installed and even if
they do, they nonetheless expect to be able to do simply

./configure
make
make install

Regards,