Re: [XForms] Converting fdesign 1.0 .fd file to the new fdformat

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [XForms] Converting fdesign 1.0 .fd file to the new fdformat
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:39:17 +0000

The problem is with the current version of
fdesign - Bill's .fd is not faulty or obsolete.

fdesign is having trouble parsing

 xscale: FL_LOG 10

in the definition of an XYPLOT object.

In fd_spec.c, ff_read_sp_xscale() we call

 ff_read( "%s%f", &p, &sp->xbase )

to parse the FL_LOG 10 pair.

In fd_file_fun.c, ff_read() calls ff_match_trimmed_string()
to handle the %s format specifier.  Unfortunately
ff_match_trimmed_string soaks up the entire 'FL_LOG 10'
string, actually we just want it to catch the FL_LOG.

Really ff_read should call ff_match_spaceless_string()
in this situation but we would need another %something
specifier, %S is already used.   Looks like xscale and
yscale are the only things that need this handling.

Can we allocate another format letter for a spaceless string?

(In much older fdesign, the parser called sscanf( "%s %g" to
handle this).

--
Paul Nicholson
http://abelian.org