Re: [XForms] Converting fdesign 1.0 .fd file to the new fdformat

From: Bill Unruh
Subject: Re: [XForms] Converting fdesign 1.0 .fd file to the new fdformat
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:37:49 -0700 (PDT)

Attached is the problematic .fd file

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:

Hi Bill,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 05:25:57PM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
I have some programs I developed about 10 years ago with fdesign. I just
downloaded the new 1.0.93 version of xforms and discover that fdesign no
longer works ( as well as some of my sliders and my menu items not working
anymore, but that can be solved by reading the new documentation I assume).

Well, the menus still are supposed to work without any changes (as
long as no undocumented shortcuts have been taken). Thus I would
definitely be interested in what's going wrong there in order to
be able to fix it.

But if I want to change things using fdesign, it seems to be impossible. I
get a message saying that the .fd file was created by an old version
(ignore)

Yes, that's just an information to make it clear that newly created
.fd files wont work with older versions.

and that the key value is invalid in one of the items (ignore) but
ehn all I get is black blank screen and the fdesign creation window. How can
I convert the old fdesign .fd to the new one? Pleas do not say "redo
everything". This must have been a problem when the change happened (6 years
ago?) and some way of getting around it developed.

Would you be able to send me your .fd file? I guess there's some
bug somewhere (and fdesign is rather bug-ridden and extremely
hard to understand:-( and some examples that exhibit the problem
would help a lot.

But please note that due to very limited time at th moment I can't
make promises when I will get around to fixing this (and other bugs
in fdesign) - I hope that in two months time there will be a chance...

                         Best regards, Jens

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     address@hidden