Re: [Adonthell-devel] Weird Python error

From: ksterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Weird Python error
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:54:56 +0200

Von: Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden>
Datum: Donnerstag, 22. April 2004, 17:37
Betreff: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Weird Python error

> The problem is when you want to pass an object from Adonthell to PyQt.
> Say, an image to display. We are using SWIG, PyQt is using another
> system. Hence you can't pass a SWIG object to PyQt, unfortunately.

I see. That's indeed impossible. However, if you'd pass an image for PyQT/QT to
display, wouldn't you have to use a format PyQT/QT can understand anyway?

What I mean is, you could render your images to a memory surface using
Adonthell code. Then you convert the surface contents to something PyQT can
display and pass it on.

I mean, if we'd be using another GUI lib, it would be the same. None of them
could directly use our images.

Kai