Re: [Adonthell-general] Maps and Annotation

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Maps and Annotation
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 19:08:55 -0500

I see your points. I suppose I wondered about the editor as we would need to be able to edit the maps. But you're described an editor-less way to do it, so all the better. I do think this should be in the post 0.4 roadmap, unless you really want to have it working for 0.4.1.

Andrew

On 7/5/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7/2/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

> As I envision it, the annotations would not appear on the map. Instead, they
> would function like tool-tips to points of interest which do appear on the
> map.

Which makes sense, as 640x480 does not leave room for a lot of text.

> On the other hand, this would seem to suggest or require the creation of
> another editor.

Why would it need an editor? If we would include an initially empty
map (i.e. without any annotations) and the GUI interface to move the
cursor to any point on the map, creating new annotations as well as
reading or erasing old ones should be fairly straightforward.

> And on the gripping hand, I'm not exactly we've decided we
> want fully annotated maps in DB.

True. It might be something we could implement for 0.4.1 perhaps. I
don't think it would have to be in the game from the start.

So maybe this should be considered as another canditate for the post
0.4 roadmap :-).

Kai